Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Australians Everywhere

Seems like everyone I speak to these days knows an Australian or has family living in Australia. Call to cancel BT and the reps brother is in Sydney. Phone a bank and speak to an Australian who used to live in an area of Sydney we are looking to move to, Eastern Suburbs.

It is still very surreal that we are leaving the UK in 14 days. The preparations continue...this week the process of cancelling accounts began. It was not a fun activity... too much waiting around and selecting options. Almost done. We found out this last week that the letting agent had found another tenant for our current property which means we can be released from our 6 month contract early! It would have been very expensive if they hadn't! Given that we signed a 6 month contract in January shows that we had no intention of moving until at least June......

Well tomorrow is my last day at work! I feel quite relaxed about it really. More relaxed than I thought. I have enjoyed my time with the company, it has some great people that I will miss working with. It is the right time for me to move on.... Tomorrow will end with a leaving speech from my line manager and then a meal out at Sams Chophouse in Manchester.

We spent the past weekend in Penycae catching up with family and friends and saying our first "goodbyes" or "see you in September's". It was a great weekend of talking, relaxing and eating! We ended the weekend at the Browers for supper with a load of friends from church. As expected - fantastic food! "Why are we leaving should a great group of people" was the question in my mind at the end of the night?

I have also been spending time exploring Sydney on the Internet, how to get around, health insurance, how to get hold of a mobile and finding out where I will be working....the 27th Floor of this building, 7th highest in Sydney! should be great views.

No comments: