Monday, April 10, 2006

Last Week in the UK...for a while!

It is very difficult to know what to write with so much happening over the past week! It's really has been non-stop since I finished work on the 29th March and now Esther have arrived in Watford saying the last "see you in September's" and making final preparations to fly out in 9 hours!

It has been really great to catch up with lots of people over the past week from our temporary base in South Manchester! Thanks JA and J it was great to stay with you guys for our final few days in Manchester! We had good conversation, although Jamie did drop the tone occasionally! We really will miss all our friends in Manchester. Sign up to Skype and stay in touch!

A lot of people have been asking me how it feels to be leaving the UK and I have not known how to answer it really. Its not like I am desperate to leave the UK, I love living here but God has created a big world and this is our chance to see a bit more of it. We feel very fortunate and excited about what the future holds for us. We needed to make a change and so far it has come together with, it seems, little effort and feels right. Right now we are looking forward to taking the rest of April as a holiday in Dubai and Thailand before arriving in Sydney on the 23rd April. We both need this break before I start back at work on the 1st May.

Here are a few pictures of the activities of the past week....


Mancunian farewell


Me and little (!) brother after transporting our stuff to Watford

Farewell meal at the Waffle House

3 comments:

Jonny Rotheram said...

see ya...oh youve gone already! d'oh see you at the wedding in september then....I will be asking you if you've finished Philip Pullmans triology on the wedding day just to warn you, i'll be expecting a different answer from the one youve been giving the past 3 years.

Have fun - Jonny

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Eif, disappointed you felt I was dropping the tone. If you had more control of your bodily functions it wouldn't hve happened! Only joking.
We miss you both already but just make sure you enjoy yourselves and look forward to hearing about it all.
J

Rainey said...

Eif and Est,
Sorry that I missed your departure. (I was in Japan)
I'm sure you'll enjoy the time in Australia. And I know youll come back with lots of Transportation knowledge to re-shape Britain with.