Sydney's City to Surf is 14 km, starting at Hyde Park in the city centre to Bondi beach. Over 60,000 people take part. The fun run (walk, in my case!) raises money for many charities. I've just arrived back after having a bbq on the beach to recover! (I may find it difficult to walk tomorrow!).
Here are a few pictures that Eifion took as the 60,000 people went straight past our apartment block. I'm going to make sure he joins in next year!
One of the benefits of living along the route is being able to have a quick toilet stop!
Collage of pictures of those who were actually running the race!
(Before we had even got past the start line, they announced over the speakers that the front runners were only 3 minutes from the end!!!)

You can just make out our apartment block behind the tree in the background.
I really enjoyed the whole day and managed to finish within 3 hours. My colleagues have now assured me that I'll have a better chance of citizenship if I put this on the form!! (That means Eifion will definately have to do it next year!)
2 comments:
Well done Esther! I am impressed!
JAxxx
Well done Eif for choosing to take the photos instead of running!
J
Post a Comment