Sunday, November 26, 2006

Changes

The past couple of weeks have brought a few changes....

We are now all moved in and settled into our new apartment in Double Bay. It's great to know we will be in the same place for a year. Still looking pretty empty as only bought a few bits of furniture - but we're getting there. We love living in this area and are so glad we have found a really nice apartment to call home.

After a long break from teaching I decided it was time to get back into it, so after applying to a few places I was really happy to be offered a job at a great school about 20 minutes away in the eastern suburbs. I'm really excited to be starting there at the end of January. It's a Christian school with lovely staff and atmosphere. Don't know which year I'm teaching yet - and I'll have to brush up on my Australian history (a lot!) but I'm looking forward to this great opportunity to be teaching again.

I was also very excited this week to go to the Kylie Showgirl concert in Sydney!!! A girl at work had a spare ticket from the concert which was cancelled in 2005 after Kylie got diagnosed with cancer. We've been excited all week - playing Kylie music at work and counting down the days. I went to a Kylie concert with my mum and dad when I was only 5 years old - so it was great to be seeing her again 20 years later! She's a great performer and we were singing and dancing along all night.

Summer has truly started up here now with hot days and a few BBQ invites already! It's strange having the build-up to Christmas during summertime, the Christmas trees and decorations look a bit out of place. But I'm sure we can get used to it! Wish you could all share it with us.

4 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Wow, you've had a busy couple of weeks. Will you be putting a tree up?

esty said...

We are away over Christmas so probably won't put up a tree. But we have got some great Advent calendars that my mum sent over from Germany!

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Oh yes, I forgot you were going to New Zealand. Make sure you send us a postcard!
Enkoy the advent calendars!

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

opps! Enjoy them!