Did I say time was moving slowly at the moment?! it's not, time is flying by. Esther kindly reminds me each Saturday morning how long we have before we leave for Sydney. Just 4 weeks remain.
Packing is now well underway, all CD's have been converted to MP3s and the huge suit cases have been bought...Esther has even packed all of her summer clothes into the suitcase! I feel that I am trying to fool my mind into thinking that I am not going anywhere at the moment and that things will continue as normal...this, of course, will not be true! I am going through what I would call a mental preparation stage!
I am amazed how the pieces of the jigsaw are still coming together for our move. About two years ago I worked with an guy from Sydney (Chris) another from NZ (Graeme) and Dan (from Manchester) I knew that Dan was in touch with Chris, however I was surprised this week to find out the Graeme was also living in Sydney (He moved from Mcr back home to NZ a few years ago). and that they all went surfing together last Saturday morning! They are all offering us support and are being a big help answering the many questions that are rushing around our minds at the moment. Chris has kindly offered to pick us up from the airport and show us around the City during our first week. This will be a big help as the thought of arriving the other side of the world with our lives in a couple of bags does seem odd, if not scary! Anyway their hospitality has helped to ease our minds.
Just 13 working days left! I have to admit it is getting more and more difficult to concentrate on work when there are so many other things to do.
Took some timeout to catch up with our friends on Saturday afternoon at Barburrito - a tasty Mexican Grill in Piccadilly Gardens. It's these 'meet up for coffee' time's that Esther and I are going to miss lots.....it will be hard moving away from such a great group of friends.
24 is our other means of escaping the "stuff that needs to be done" at the moment. We are determined to finish series 3 before we leave. 3 DVDS to go! Series 3 started off quite poorly compared to the others, we are mid-way through and it is now getting much better! Series 4 is packed!
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for providing the link to Barburrito. Iulia and I will have to try it – we have been hoping to find a reasonably priced Mexican grill for some time. I am amazed at how prepared you guys seem to be for your move.
Geordan
Post a Comment